In this tutorial we will show you how to setup your own modpack server with any modpack available on Technic. ServerMiner lets you get a Technic server up and running easily with our built-in modpack installer.
Part 1 - Creating your Technic Modpack Server
- To get started, you'll need to first purchase a Minecraft Server through ServerMiner here: Technic Server Hosting.
- The first step is to navigate to the Technic Installer page and then search for the modpack which you'd like to install. You can then click the the Install button and then the control panel will handle the entire install process for you! For this example, we will be installing Pixelmon Generations Official, but you may use any technic modpack that you wish.
- Once your Technic modpack is installed, your server will automatically start. Once the server is online you may move onto connecting to your server.
If your server doesn't start, feel free to get in touch with us and we'll be happy to help.
Part 2 - Connecting to your Technic Modpack Server
- To connect to your modded server, you'll need to install the same Technic modpack onto your computer. This can be done really easily by using the Technic Launcher. First, download the Technic launcher on your local machine by heading over to https://www.technicpack.net/download and then scroll down and choose the operating system that you are currently running.
- When the download is complete, run the application and you'll be prompted to a login screen where you can sign in with your Mojang/Minecraft account.
- Upon signing in, head over to the modpacks tab. Here you can then install the modpack onto your computer with ease. Search for your modpack which you installed on your server and hit Install.
- Once your modpack has installed, click on Play and then the game will launch. Head over to the multiplayer section, add server and input your server details. You may write anything in the Server Name, this is to help you remember which server it is. As for the Server Address, input the IP found on the control panel. Click done and enter your server!
- You will now join into your very own Technic modpack server! Prepare for a brand new adventure in the world of modded Minecraft. Your server is hosted 24/7 365 days a year and runs completely independently from your own computer. This means that you can turn your home computer off and your friends can still play on your server.
TIP: It's always best to start a new modpack on a clean server, this helps prevent any accidental conflicts and issues. You can reset your server through the File Manager.
If you're still having problems setting up a Technic modpack on your server, feel free to contact our support team at https://serverminer.com/contact and we will happily help you resolve the issue!
Happy mining! ⛏️