In this tutorial we will show you how to run an MTR test. This information will help us diagnose potential connection issues between you and your server.
When diagnosing lag related issues, we often ask for an MTR test to see if there are any connection issues between your computer and the node your server is located on.
- Download the WinMTR Tool.
- Once downloaded, run the program.
- In the Host field, enter your server address. Note: if your server address includes a port at the end (e.g. :25565) please omit it
- While lag is happening on your server, click Start.
- Please let this run for 10 minutes to gather enough data, then click Stop.
- Click Copy Text to clipboard.
- Paste that into Pastebin and then click Create New Paste.
- If possible, please run steps 3-7 twice; once while you're experiencing lag on your server, and once while you're not.
If you were requested by ServerMiner Support to run this test, please reply back with the Pastebin link.
Happy mining! ⛏️