There is a file for each player which has connected to your server which contains a bunch of information such as their inventory data and their location. Sometimes when things go wrong on the server, you're required to delete a player's data file to resolve the issue. After deleting their player data file, they would essentially connect as if they were a new player.
Follow these steps to successfully reset individual player data on your server:
Before proceeding with any tutorial that requires manipulating server files, always have your server offline to prevent corruption!
- Firstly, we require the UUID of the player. Head over to https://namemc.com/ and input the Minecraft Name of the player you wish to reset the data.
(Universally Unique Identifier, or UUID, is a unique id given to each player when they join a server to make it easy for referencing the player, item storage and accessing information regarding the player)
- Once you have found your player, a UUID will be shown under that players name. Similary to what's shown in the image below. Write down the UUID in a notepad/sticky note to reference later on.
- Now head over to your ServerMiner Control Panel and click on File Manager. (The following steps can also be replicated on FileZilla if you have prior knowledge in using FTPs).
- Enter the folder of whichever world you currently have loaded onto your server. If you're unsure which world you are using, you can check out the Minecraft Worlds tab on your ServerMiner Control Panel to see which world is loaded.
- Navigate to the playerdata folder and enter it, this is where all the data (Inventory/Positions) of the players who join your server are stored.
- If there aren't many files, you can simply look for the UUID of the player you wish to reset by referencing it to the UUID you have written down. Else, you can use the shortcut Ctrl+F to search for the UUID. Once you found it, click the checkbox and hit the Delete button.
- Congratulations! You've reset the data for the player. You may now start up your server and have that player join in! They will then spawn in your world spawn with no items in their inventory.
Note: If your server is in offline-mode, the players UUID's will be different from NameMC, you can reference their UUID's by heading over to the Usercache.json
If you have any issues with resetting players data, feel free to contact our support team at https://serverminer.com/contact and we will happily assist you further.
Happy mining! ⛏️