In this tutorial, we will show you how to convert your Spigot/Paper world to Vanilla format. This is required if you are looking to switch from Paper or Spigot to Vanilla Minecraft and would like to keep your Nether and The End worlds.
Spigot/Paper worlds have seperate folders for the Nether and The End worlds. When loading a Spigot/Paper world into Vanilla Minecraft, the Nether and The End won't load because Vanilla requires both dimensions to be within a single folder. Continue reading to find out how to convert a Spigot/Paper world structure to Vanilla Minecraft.
- To begin, have your Spigot / Paper world files in an easy to access area on your computer or server. In this tutorial, we convert our world on our computer but it's possible to do this directly on your server through an FTP client. The folder format for Spigot and Paper are:
- YOURWORLDNAME : This is the main world file.
- YOURWORLDNAME_nether : This is the Nether dimension world file.
- YOURWORLDNAME_the_end : This is the End dimension world file.
In this tutorial, our world names are called
- To migrate your Nether, open the YOURWORLDNAME_nether folder and copy the
DIM-1folder and then navigate to your main world folder and paste the copied
DIM-1folder into that main folder. If the
DIM-1folder already exists in your main world, rename this
DIM-1_backupfor safe keeping. In this tutorial, we are copying
- To migrate The End, open the YOURWORLDNAME_the_end folder and copy the
DIM1folder and then navigate to your main world folder and paste the copied
DIM1folder into that folder. If the
DIM1folder already exists in your main world, rename this
DIM1_backupfor safe keeping. In this tutorial, we are copying
- Once complete, your main world folder should have both the
- If you performed these changes on your computer, you'll need to upload your main world to your server using your chosen FTP client.
- Proceed to load your converted world when installing a Vanilla server on the Server Manager installer. Congratulations! You've converted your Paper/Spigot world to a Vanilla world.
If you're still facing issues with converting the world, feel free to contact our support team at https://serverminer.com/contact and we will happily look into it for you!
Happy mining! ⛏️